These paleo pear and cranberry muffins are tender, moist, and grain-free. They’re naturally sweetened with ripe pears and honey. Use either fresh or dried cranberries.
After feasting on holiday cookies and tarts last month, it’s time to get back to making wholesome muffins and quick breads for healthy snacks. I’m ready, aren’t you? Let’s talk about these pear and cranberry muffins.
I can’t resist the sweet tiny pears when I see them in the produce section of my local supermarket. I bought a bag full of Seckel pears with plans to make these Mulled Cinnamon Orange Pears with Mascarpone again, but making healthy snacks for weekday mornings was a higher priority this week. These Pear and Cranberry Muffins won out.
These muffins hardly need any sweetener at all, as the pears are naturally sweet and the tart cranberries add a nice kick. They have a perfectly pleasant chewy exterior, just enough to entice you in to the soft fruit inside.
This paleo muffin recipe is an easy one. Simply mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet in another, make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and gently stir in the wet ingredients and the fruit.
Fill parchment paper-lined muffin cups three-quarters full and bake in a slow oven until nicely browned. Done! Enjoy with your morning coffee or tea and let’s get back on track and commit to eat clean in 2016!
- 2 cups (200 grams) blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- ¾ cup finely diced peeled firm winter pears like Anjou, Bosc, Seckel or Forelle
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries (halved) or dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 325°F and line 8 muffin tins with parchment paper liners.
- Measure or weigh almond flour and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, add honey and melted butter or coconut oil.
- Peel, core, and finely dice sweet firm pears and toss with lemon juice.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir in pears and cranberries.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Bake for 22-25 minutes.