This Creamy Lemon Ricotta Cherry Parfait is a 10-minute mini dessert. It's sweetened with honey, flavoured with lemon and almond and layered with fresh or frozen cherries! Gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
A new mini dessert: Creamy Lemon Ricotta Cherry Parfait!
If you been a reader of mine for a while, you'll know that I like to post recipes that are quick and easy with interesting flavours. You'll also know that I love making mini desserts!
This Creamy Lemon Ricotta Cherry Parfait fits that description to a T.
You can prepare this delicious, creamy mini dessert in less than 10 minutes! It's a creamy and smooth, light and refreshing little jar of deliciousness with a touch of lemon and almond.
And did I mention cherries? Fresh, sweet, just-picked juicy cherries put this tiny dessert over the top! Of course, you can use frozen cherries as well.
❤️Why you'll love this cherry parfait
- all you need to make this is a blender
- it's ready in 10 minutes!
- it's smooth and creamy and naturally sweet
- you can make it with fresh or frozen cherries
Cherries are bursting with nutrition
Besides being a good source of Vitamin C, one cup of this stone fruit has as much potassium as a banana, helping to balance our blood pressure. Cherries are also rich in beta carotene and contain quercetin which can lower inflammation and help fight cancer. Read more about the amazing health benefits of cherries.
Did you know that as cherries darken, they produce even more antioxidants? As healthy as they are, we all love to simply snack on them while they're in season.
Ready to make this Cherry Parfait? Here's your shopping list!
🛒 Ingredients for Lemon Ricotta Cherry Parfait
- ricotta cheese
- honey: or substitute a 0-calorie sweetener like Lacanto Monkfruit with erythitol
- lemon: adds a bright flavour
- almond extract: optional, but almond flavours work well with cherries
- cherries: fresh or frozen and thawed.
- flaked almonds: for garnish and a little crunch
All you need to make this Lemon Ricotta Cherry Parfait is a blender.
Purée ricotta cheese, honey, lemon zest and almond extract until smooth and creamy. Blending it will remove the grainy texture of ricotta. You'll be left with a soft velvety cream. Now all you have to do is choose a cute little dessert dish and create layers of cherries and cream!
Alternate layers of ricotta cream with fresh cherries (or berries) in small dessert glasses and refrigerate. Garnish with toasted almonds and additional cherries or berries before serving.
I chose to flavour this refined sugar-free dessert with a touch of almond extract and top it with a few flaked toasted almonds for a little crunch. Cherries and almonds complement one another. They're a pairing that just works!
Quick, naturally sweetened with honey, and flavoured with almonds, this Cherry Parfait is a tasty way to celebrate cherry season!
🔁 Possible substitutions
No cherries? No worries. Try this mini dessert with fresh berries. It's delicious with raspberries and blueberries, too!
🗒 Love mini desserts? Here are more ideas!
10-minute Creamy Lemon Ricotta Cherry Parfait
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon zest finely grated
- 2 - 3 drops pure almond extract
- ½ cup cherries pitted, slice (or berries)
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds or other nuts, toasted
- Place all ingredients except cherries and almonds in a blender and process until smooth.
- Blending it will remove the grainy texture of ricotta. You'll be left with a soft velvety cream.
- Alternate layers of ricotta cream with fresh cherries (or berries) in small dessert glasses and refrigerate.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and additional cherries or berries before serving.