These simple Chocolate Coconut Bites are made without refined sugar, flour or dairy products! A healthy treat that takes only minutes to prepare.
Sometimes you just need something sweet.
And sometimes you just need chocolate.
Today was one of those days, and these dark Chocolate Coconut Bites were the result.
If you’ve made my Chocolate Coconut Pops, you won’t need convincing to make these Chocolate Coconut Bites. Dark chocolate and naturally sweetened coconut, no refined sugar, no flour, no dairy! It’s the same recipe, but a speedier way to get a chocolate candy into your mouth without just raiding the bag of chocolate chips. Besides . . . coconut!
Your food processor or blender will be your best friend for this one. Just finely shred some coconut, mix it with some coconut oil, honey, and flavouring and press it into mini muffin cups. While these are chilling, melt some chocolate with a little coconut oil. Pour it on top of the tiny bites, sprinkle with your choice of toppings, like nuts, coconut, or flaky sea salt and chill.
That’s it! A treat for your kids and a healthier indulgence for you.
I’ve popped these into favour boxes and set them at each place setting when we have friends for dinner. They make a great after dinner treat. And guess what? They freeze beautifully and are perfect for those times, like today, when you just want something sweet.
Dark Chocolate Coconut Bites
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil,, melted
- 1 tsp pure almond or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts, optional
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners
- Whir coconut in a blender or food processor until very finely ground.
- Add honey, coconut oil, and extract.
- Process until well mixed.
- Remove from processor bowl and press 1 tablespoon into the bottom of each mini muffin cup. Refrigerate.
- Melt chocolate chips over, not in, boiling water.
- Spread evenly over the coconut layer. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and flaky sea salt or coconut. Return to refrigerator to chill.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.