These Chocolate Cherry Almond Energy Bites are a quick and easy high-protein, naturally sweet snack made with almonds and hemp seeds and sweetened with dates and dried cherries.
Energy bites appeared on the blog scene a few years ago, and they're still incredibly popular. Why? They're a quick healthy snack for a burst of protein before or after a workout or a sweet treat in mid-afternoon when you need a pick-me-up.
These Chocolate Cherry Almond Energy Bites are naturally sweetened with dates and dried cherries. Almonds and hemp seeds provide protein and I included chocolate because . . . chocolate.
Just mix the ingredients in a food processor, roll into small balls and drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired. These energy bites are grain-free, paleo, and vegan if you use dairy-free chocolate chips.
This recipe is a slight adaptation from my Chocolate Cherry Bliss Balls. I changed the type of nuts and used dairy-free chocolate chips this time.
These Chocolate Cherry Almond Energy Bites are a perfect recipe to use when you're baking with kids. Even your tiny ones can push the button on the food processor, measure, help roll the balls, and sneak some chocolate chips! Since this is a no-bake recipe, kids don't have to wait to sample their hard work.
These Chocolate Cherry Almond Energy Bites are
- naturally sweet
- quick and easy
- and guaranteed to satisfy any chocolate craving!
Chocolate Cherry Almond Energy Bites
- Finely chop the nuts in a food processor first before adding the remaining ingredients. Then add remaining ingredients and pulse until it is just starting to clump together.
- You should be able to easily form a tablespoon size ball in the palm of your hand.
- Place on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet.
- If desired, melt ⅓ cup of chocolate over simmering water and drizzle over the balls, using a frosting bag or a small ziplock bag with the corner snipped off.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze.
Like this recipe for Chocolate Cherry Almond Energy Bites? Pin it or share it. Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe.