These Chocolate Cherry Bliss Balls are a quick and easy guilt-free chocolate indulgence.
Bliss balls, energy balls, protein balls, truffles--lots of different names for the same thing: a small bite of sweet bliss packed full of nutritious deliciousness.
These are so easy to prepare that kids could make them. Just toss everything in your food processor, mix it all up and form it into bite-sized balls. Traveling? These are great to pack along for those times when you just need a quick bite but still want to avoid resorting to junk food. Perfect for school lunches or for an after-school snack.
Hundreds of variations of these are circulating now on Pinterest but a recipe really isn't necessary, once you learn the correct proportions. Choose your family's favourite ingredients and start creating. One of these balls will satisfy any sweet cravings you may have and it will also give you a healthy energy boost when you need it.
Here's my latest creation. To make your own, keep the dates, but substitute your favourite nuts and dried fruit. Begin with equal amounts of Medjool dates and nuts, then add other ingredients to change the flavour. Ooooh--and make them decadent by adding a small amount of your favourite liqueur.
Chocolate Cherry Bliss Balls
- Finely chop the nuts in a food processor first before adding the remaining ingredients. Then toss in all remaining ingredients and pulse until it is just starting to clump together.
- You should be able to easily form a tablespoon size ball in the palm of your hand.
- Place on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet.
- If desired, melt 1/3 cup of chocolate over simmering water and drizzle over the balls, using a frosting bag or a small ziplock bag with the corner snipped off.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze and have them ready for your next trip, for unexpected company, brown bag lunch, or for your next chocolate craving.