These Chocolate Coconut Pops are a healthier indulgence for a Hallowe’en treat. Made with coconut, coconut oil, and chocolate, they're so easy to make! These chocolate balls look cute, and they're both gluten-free and dairy-free.
Chocolate Coconut Pops, Chocolate Coconut Balls or Bites, whatever you like to call them, these are fun for Hallowe'en treats. But don't save them only for October! They're delicious at any time of the year!
Halloween--the season for sugar, sugar, and more sugar! If you're looking to stay healthy this year, but would still like to offer a treat for your kids, these litte chocolate coconut balls may be the answer.
They're a healthi-er indulgence for a Hallowe'en treat. They're so easy to put together, they're fun to eat, and they're both gluten-free and dairy-free.
Before I became a teacher, I spent the last two weeks of October of every year making costumes, planning parties or potlucks, and snacking on those mini candy bars. Stress plus sugar equaled a lowered immune system and I would end up with a cold on Hallowe'en night.
It was a similar story during my years as a teacher when I had the double whammy of being surrounded by adorable little sneezing, coughing six-year-olds. I consciously try to avoid sugar at this time of year now and look for fun treats like these chocolate coconut bites that will allow me to stay healthy.
Ready to gather your ingredients? Here's what you'll need. Complete amounts and instructions are in the recipe card below.
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract: or almond extract
- pretzel sticks: gluten-free if necessary
- dark chocolate chips
Chocolate Coconut Balls are easy to make and fun to eat!
- Blend coconut, coconut oil, honey, and flavouring in your blender, a form into little balls.
- Insert a pretzel stick (gluten-free, if necessary) into the balls before you put them in the freezer (as you won't be able to insert one once they're frozen.)
- Then dip the frozen balls into melted chocolate, and let set on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Once set, serve in a mini-cupcake liner.
- Remember to insert the pretzel stick BEFORE you freeze the little balls
🗒 More chocolate treats
- Chocolate Cherry Bliss Balls
- Salted Dark Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds
- Salted Chocolate-Orange Almond Bark
- Healthy Quinoa Chocolate Bark
Chocolate Coconut Pops
- 2 cups coconut, unsweetened shredded
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure almond or vanilla extract
- Whir coconut in a blender or food processor until very finely ground.
- Add honey, coconut oil, and extract to the blender or food processor.
- Process until well mixed.
- Remove from processor bowl and roll 1 inch diameter balls in your hands.
- Insert a pretzel stick in the center and freeze.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over, not in, boiling water. Stir in the 2 teaspoons coconut oil.
- Dip the frozen pops in the melted chocolate, let the excess chocolate drip off, and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Store in the refrigerator.