These Chocolate Coconut Pops are a healthi-er indulgence for a Hallowe’en treat. They’re so easy to make, they look cute, and they’re both gluten-free and dairy-free.
Chocolate Coconut Pops: fun for Hallowe’en, delicious at any time of the year!
Halloween–the season for sugar, sugar and more sugar! If you’re looking to stay healthy this year, but would still like to offer a treat for your kids, these Chocolate Coconut Pops may be the answer.
They’re a healthi-er indulgence for a Hallowe’en treat. They’re so easy to put together, they’re fun to eat, and they’re both gluten-free and dairy-free.
Before I became a teacher, I spent the last two weeks of October of every year making costumes, planning parties or potlucks, and snacking on those mini candy bars. Stress plus sugar equalled a lowered immune system and I would end up with a cold on Hallowe’en night.
It was a similar story during my years as a teacher when I had the double whammy of being surrounded by adorable little sneezing, coughing six-year-olds. I consciously try to avoid sugar at this time of year now and look for fun treats that will allow me to stay healthy.
Ingredients for Chocolate Coconut Pops
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract: or almond extract
- pretzel sticks: gluten-free if necessary
- dark chocolate chips
Chocolate Coconut Pops are easy to make!
- Blend coconut, coconut oil, honey and flavouring in your blender, a form into little balls.
- Insert a pretzel stick (gluten-free, if necessary) into the balls before you put them in the freezer (as you won’t be able to insert one once they’re frozen.)
- Then dip the frozen balls into melted chocolate, and let set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Once set, serve in a mini cupcake liner.
- Just remember to insert the pretzel stick BEFORE you freeze the little balls.
Chocolate Coconut Pops
- 2 cups coconut unsweetened shredded
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp pure almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (Use Enjoy Life brand for dairy-free)
- 2 tsp coconut oil melted
- 18 pretzel sticks gluten-free, if necessary
- Whir coconut in a blender or food processor until very finely ground.
- Add honey, coconut oil, and extract to the blender or food processor.
- Process until well mixed.
- Remove from processor bowl and roll 1 inch diameter balls in your hands.
- Insert a pretzel stick in the center and freeze.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over, not in, boiling water. Stir in the 2 teaspoons coconut oil.
- Dip the frozen pops in the melted chocolate, let the excess chocolate drip off, and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Store in the refrigerator.
More chocolate yumminess, like these Chocolate Coconut Pops
- Chocolate Cherry Bliss Balls
- Salted Dark Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds
- Salted Chocolate-Orange Almond Bark
- Healthy Quinoa Chocolate Bark
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.