Is there anything more comforting than a warm slice of banana bread? This gluten-free, paleo banana bread is the ultimate comfort food!
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
This Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread is gluten-free, paleo and has no added sweetener. Swirled with dark chocolate and studded with raspberries, it's comfort food at its finest!
Is there anything more homey-feeling than the smell of banana bread? It is one of the most comforting aromas I can think of. Who doesn't love a thick slice of warm banana bread fresh from the oven? It's such a versatile quick bread too, as it pairs well with a host of other ingredients: fruit like blueberries and strawberries, vegetables like carrots or zucchini, nuts, coconut, peanut butter, or as in the one I made today: chocolate and raspberries.
Even though Spring is within reach now, we've had more rain and clouds than sunshine lately and we needed some comfort food like banana bread. Chocolate Swirl banana bread. I had a slice of this with my coffee and watched the creek in my back yard overflow its banks. Rain! Please stop!
I had planned to make my usual Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe but when I discovered I had run out of coconut flour, I had to switch gears and come up with a new idea. I experimented with this recipe to get it just right.
You'll notice that it has absolutely no added sweetener: no sugar, no honey, no maple syrup. Just the sweet natural goodness of ripe bananas (and swirls of dark chocolate, of course!) This gluten-free banana bread rises beautifully and holds its shape. It's moist and is full of sweet and tart surprises from the dark chocolate and the raspberries.
It's also one of the easiest recipes to make so it's perfect even for a beginning cook. I use my food processor for the whole recipe, combining the wet ingredients first, then adding the dry ingredients and swirling the chocolate and raspberries at the end before popping it in the oven.
I know that it won't be long until we're lounging on the deck, sipping Peach Sangria and slurping up some fresh-caught Gin-Gingered Prawns, but until then I'm going to wrap myself in a quilt, sit by the fire and hibernate.
. . . With a warm slice of banana bread.
Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread with Raspberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or grease it with coconut oil.
- Combine bananas, eggs, almond butter, coconut oil (or butter) and vanilla in a food processor or large bowl.
- Once blended, add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt and mix well.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with half the raspberries and drizzle with half the chocolate. Swirl gently once or twice with a knife. Cover with 1/3 more of the batter and again add the remaining raspberries and chocolate and swirl. Top with the remaining third of the batter. Only fill the loaf pan 3/4 full. If there seems to be too much batter, fill one or two greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake loaf for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes.)
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack. Slice and serve when completely cool.
Kitchen Equipment I used to make this Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread with Raspberries
This post contains affiliate links through amazon.com. If you purchase something through my site, I receive a small commission, paid by Amazon, not by you. It helps to offset the cost of maintaining my site. Thanks for supporting Flavour & Savour!