Make this Cranberry Jalapeño Whipped Feta Dip recipe with leftover cranberry sauce! Top a mixture of feta cheese and light cream cheese with cranberries, jalapeño and pomegranate for a dynamic last-minute appetizer.
I can’t think of a better way to use leftover cranberry sauce than in this Cranberry Jalapeño Whipped Feta Dip. What a great way to enjoy a sauce that we only make a few times each year!
Topped with sweet but tart cranberry sauce, tiny jewels of pomegranate, and a generous dusting of spicy jalapeño pepper, this cranberry cream cheese dip has an amazing balance of flavours and textures. Set out some sturdy crackers or toasted pita bread for dipping, sit back, and watch your guests dive in and devour!
While packing up and storing leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner, I realized I had made too much cranberry sauce. I immediately thought of using it to make these Cranberry Jalapeño Brie Crostini Appetizers, but with feta cheese in the fridge, I opted to make this cranberry feta dip instead. And I’m so glad I did!
Last summer, we had Strawberry Whipped Feta Crostini several times during our happy hour times on our deck. Lately we’ve been devouring Smoked Salmon Whipped Feta Dip with lots of fresh, crunchy veggies.
Whipping feta cheese with light cream cheese makes a light, almost fluffy dip, and it’s especially good when you add a hint of honey and lemon. So I combined these recipes, and created this whipped cream cheese and feta cranberry dip with cranberry sauce, pomegranate and jalapeño peppers.
I know this one will be on the menu at every holiday party I host this winter. It’s almost like a cranberry jalapeño salsa on a base of creamy cheese. And what could be better than a colourful red and green dip for holiday celebrations?
Here’s what you’ll need to make this popular holiday party dip.
Ingredients for Cranberry Jalapeño Whipped Feta Dip
- feta cheese: for the salty flavour in this sweet ‘n salty dip. Use regular or light feta cheese.
- cream cheese: regular or light, your choice
- lemon juice: adds a touch of brightness to the dip. Don’t leave this out!
- honey: for natural sweetness
- cranberry sauce: you can use my homemade Spiced Cranberry Orange Cranberry Sauce with Triple Sec recipe
- pomegranate arils: these add a festive touch with little pops of colour and flavour.
- jalapeño pepper: for a little spicy heat! Adding a touch of green to this red holiday dip makes it seem even more festive.
Cranberry Jalapeño Whipped Feta Dip is easy to make!
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll do to make this quick, last-minute appetizer dip. Complete instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Whip the two kinds of cheese together with honey and lemon.
- Spread in a shallow serving dish.
- Top with cranberry sauce.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate arils and jalapeños and serve with sturdy crackers or pita chips.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Yes! You may find that the cranberry sauce “leaks” a little. If that’s bothersome to you, I’d suggest preparing all the parts of this recipe ahead of time, then assembling it just before you serve it. Spread the whipped cheese mixture in a shallow serving dish, cover and refrigerate. Chop the jalapeño pepper and seed a pomegranate and refrigerate, as well.
Then all you’ll have to do when you’re ready to serve is add the cranberry sauce and garnish the dip with pomegranate arils and chopped jalapeño. Easy!
Possible serving variations
As an alternative, use this cranberry dip recipe as a topping for crostini appetizers. It’s almost like a cranberry bruschetta!
Spread a little of the whipped feta on a toasted slice of baguette, top with cranberry sauce and garnish with pomegranate and jalapeño. Delish!
No problem. You won’t have any!
Cranberry Jalapeño Whipped Feta Dip
- food processor
- shallow serving dish
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, regular or light
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, regular or light
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce *see note below
- 2 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 1/2 med jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- Whip feta cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice and honey together in a food processor or with an electric mixer until very smooth and creamy.
- Spread in a shallow serving dish. Top with a thin layer of cranberry sauce, sprinkle with pomegranate arils and minced jalapeño pepper and serve with crackers.
You might also like this Cranberry Jalapeño Brie Crostini Appetizer
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The third party pays the commission, not you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This post was originally published in 2017. It has been updated with new information.