This Cranberry Lemon and Pear relish is raw, fresh, and has a bright, zesty flavour. It's a delicious alternative to traditional cranberry sauce.
Looking for an alternative to Cranberry Sauce? This Cranberry, Lemon and Pear Relish might become one of your new favourite holiday side dishes!
Did you know that some people don't like cranberry sauce? I know. It's hard to imagine, but it's true.
In my quest to introduce new dishes like this Brussel Sprout Salad with Cranberries and Pecans into my holiday meals, this year I'll be serving this Cranberry, Lemon and Pear Relish instead of traditional cranberry sauce.
It's raw, it's fresh and my family loves its bright, peppy flavour.
This Cranberry Lemon and Pear Relish is a little crunchy, a little tart, and a little sweet. It's guaranteed to wake up your senses and demand that you enjoy every bite . . . . and every moment of the time you're spending with those around your table.
Here's what you'll need.
- cranberries: fresh or frozen
- pears: use a firm pear, like Anjou, Bosc
- lemon: use an organic lemon, as you'll be using the peel, too.
- sea salt
- Pulse the cranberry, lemon and pear in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the honey, sugar and salt.
Cover and refrigerate. You can make this up to 3 days before serving, as the lemon prevents the pears from turning brown.
Serve wherever you would serve cranberry sauce, or as a side dish for chicken or salmon dishes! Enjoy.
Cranberry Lemon and Pear Relish
- 16 oz cranberries fresh or frozen
- 2 medium pears firm variety, like Green or Red Anjou or Bosc
- 1 organic lemon quartered and seeded, but not peeled
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pulse the cranberries, pears and lemon in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl and gently stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate. This can be made up to 3 days before serving as the lemon prevents the pears from turning brown.