It’s cranberry season! Celebrate a new day, however frosty it may be, with this Cranberry-Raspberry Hemp Seed Smoothie. It’s a little bit sweet and a little bit tart. It has a kick from the cinnamon, and it’s full of the vitamins from berries and protein from hemp seeds and almond milk. And kale! There’s some kale hiding in there too. Cholesterol-lowering, calcium-rich, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer kale!
A smoothie must be visually appealing, especially if it’s your first meal of the day. I’ve discovered that the secret to a really green smoothie, which often relies on kale or spinach, is to add some fresh parsley to maintain that bright green hue. In this Cranberry-Raspberry Smoothie, the intense red from the berries overpowers the green from the kale and the smoothie keeps its appetizing, cheerful pink hue.
Cranberry-Raspberry Hemp Seed Smoothie
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries or raspberries
- 1 ripe or overripe banana
- 1 handful fresh kale
- 1 cup almond milk coconut milk or milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp shelled hemp seeds or 1 tbsp hemp and 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until very smooth.