These Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are packed full of oats, coconut, and peanut butter, sweetened naturally with a little maple syrup, and topped off with a crunchy layer of dark chocolate. These peanut butter energy bites will satisfy your chocolate cravings! Ready in 20 minutes or less!
Got twenty minutes? If you start right now, you will have one of these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups in your mouth in 20 minutes. Even better: that twenty minutes includes kitchen clean-up time!
With no refined sugar, these delicious little peanut butter energy bites will satisfy all your chocolate cravings. Just pulse in a food processor, roll into balls, press into mini muffin cups, and top with chocolate. So easy and so tasty!
It's hard to think of many food combinations that are better than chocolate and peanut butter. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are certainly an indulgence, but they are gluten-free (if you use gluten-free oats), dairy-free, and refined-sugar free. Can you believe that? How can something that looks that tempting be good for you?
You'll find a complete list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
Packed full of good old oats, coconut, coconut oil, and peanut butter, sweetened naturally with a little maple syrup, and topped off with a crunchy layer of dark chocolate, these tiny peanut butter cups will provide you with a quick energy boost.
Kids love them, and they will not last long at an adult party.
Add all ingredients, except the chocolate, to the bowl of a food processor, pulse until well mixed, form little balls, press them into mini muffin tins, and top with melted chocolate.
Garnish with finely chopped peanuts, flaky sea salt, or coconut. That's it! Hide them in the fridge to set while you clean up the evidence.
Only 20 minutes. These are so easy to make!
Storage and freezing instructions
Store these peanut butter energy bites in the fridge. Make them ahead of time and store in the freezer for holiday parties or unexpected company.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- ½ tsp coconut oil, melted
- finely chopped nuts or coconut, or flaky sea salt like Fleur de Sel for garnish
- Line 24 mini muffin tins with paper or reusable liners.
- Put first 7 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed and starting to clump together. You may have to scrape the sides of the processor once or twice.
- Make small (approximately ¾ Inch diameter) balls of dough and press firmly into the mini muffin cups, filling about ¾ full. Leave room for the chocolate topping.
- Melt chocolate over, not in, simmering water. Stir in coconut oil.
- Pour over the top of each peanut butter cup. Gently slide the pan back and forth on the counter to evenly distribute the chocolate.
- Immediately garnish with toppings of your choice. Finely chopped salted peanuts, or flaky sea salt are both delicious.
- Refrigerate until set.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.