These Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are a gluten-free healthier indulgence. Ready in 20 minutes or less. Made with heart-healthy coconut oil.
Got twenty minutes?
If you start right now, you will have one of these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups in your mouth in 20 minutes. Even better! That twenty minutes includes kitchen clean-up time.
It’s hard to think of many food combinations that are better than chocolate and peanut butter. These Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are certainly an indulgence, but they are gluten-free (if you use gluten-free oats), dairy-free, and refined-sugar free. Can you believe that? How can something that looks that tempting be good for you?
Packed full of good old oats, coconut and peanut butter, sweetened naturally with a little maple syrup and topped off with a crunchy layer of dark chocolate, these tiny peanut butter cups will provide kids with a quick energy boost. They will not last long at an adult party.
Only 20 minutes. These are so easy to make. Just toss the ingredients in your food processor, pulse until well mixed, form little balls, press them into mini muffin tins and top with melted chocolate. That’s it! Hide them in the fridge to set while you clean up the evidence.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- finely chopped nuts or coconut, or flaky sea salt like Fleur de Sel for garnish
- Line 24 mini muffin tins with paper or reusable liners.
- Put first 7 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed and starting to clump together. You may have to scrape the sides of the processor once or twice.
- Make small (approximately 3/4 Inch diameter) balls of dough and press firmly into the mini muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full. Leave room for the chocolate topping.
- Melt chocolate over, not in, simmering water. Stir in coconut oil.
- Pour over the top of each peanut butter cup. Gently slide the pan back and forth on the counter to evenly distribute the chocolate.
- Immediately garnish with toppings of your choice.
- Refrigerate until set.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.