Crisp, crunchy vegetables, grilled chicken with peanut sauce and a light dressing make this a satisfying salad for lunch or a light dinner.
Introducing the easiest Chicken Satay Salad you’ll ever make!
I’ve made my Simple Singapore Chicken Satay many times since I posted the recipe a year ago. It’s crisp and spicy and one of our favourite casual meals. There’s no need to marinate chicken or thread it on skewers in this Chicken Satay Salad recipe, however!
These chicken satay cubes just need a quick toss in peanut sauce, a few minutes on a grill and they’re ready to top a bowl of crisp, crunchy vegetables in this nutritious salad.
Start with a base of your favourite greens and add very finely sliced carrots, cucumber, and red and yellow bell peppers. I used a julienne cutter to slice the carrots and cucumber into thin strips. Toss the vegetables together, add grilled chicken cubes, garnish with chopped cilantro, then add a squeeze of lime to brighten the flavour.
And finally, add the best part! Toss with Peanut Sauce dressing, a flavourful mix of olive and sesame oils, rice vinegar, lime juice, and peanut sauce sweetened with honey. Dig in!
And why is this the Easiest Chicken Satay Salad?
I made this a weeknight-friendly recipe by using store-bought peanut satay sauce. While I usually make peanut sauce and store it in small jars in the freezer, I didn’t have any on hand, so I picked up a jar of Thai Kitchen Gluten-Free Peanut Satay Sauce. It worked beautifully in this recipe. (This is not a sponsored post–I just like this product.)
Crisp, colourful, fresh, nutritious and packed with flavour, this Chicken Satay Salad makes a light but totally satisfying dinner. Double it and you have tomorrow’s lunch time problem solved! Pack your salad in an airtight container, pack the dressing separately and you’ll be the envy of your co-workers.
Easiest Chicken Satay Salad
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 3 tbsp peanut satay sauce (I used Thai Kitchen)
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienne cut
- 2 bell peppers, one red, one yellow or orange, thinly sliced
- 1 long English cucumber, julienne cut
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Whisk Peanut Sauce Dressing ingredients together. Set aside to allow flavours to blend.
- Thinly slice (or julienne cut) carrots, cucumber, and bell peppers. Wash, dry and chop or tear lettuce or your choice of greens.
- Combine 3 tbsp peanut satay sauce with 2 tsp oil. Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and toss with peanut sauce/oil mixture. Grease the grill and cook chicken over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Peanut sauce contains sweetener which will scorch if heat is too high.
- Toss greens and thinly sliced vegetables and transfer to bowls. Add grilled chicken, garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Toss with Peanut Sauce Dressing and serve.
Kitchen Items I used to make this Easiest Chicken Satay Salad
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Like this recipe for Chicken Satay Salad? Pin it or share it! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe.