This dish of Taco Butternut Squash Bites is the easiest vegetable side you'll make all week. Only 3 ingredients! Just toss and roast. Vegan.
Toss and roast. That's it. That's all you need to do to make these Taco Butternut Squash Bites.
Winter vegetables can become ho-hum at this time of year. It's time to spice them up and add new flavours, as I did in these Roasted Carrots with Honey-Ginger Glaze. Butternut squash was something I got excited about in the fall and I was busy making Butternut Squash Soup, Chili Garlic Butternut Squash, Butternut Squash with Fresh Rosemary and Lime, and even Butternut Squash Shitake Salad. By this time of year in late winter, however, it has overstayed its welcome. It's time to spice it up!
Simple toss it with a little olive oil and some homemade taco seasoning mix and roast it in the oven. It comes out crispy and spicy and full of flavour. It's a new twist on a familiar vegetable and it's absolutely delicious!
You could use store-bought Taco Seasoning Mix, but it's so easy to make yourself at home. See my post on How to Make Taco Seasoning and never buy the stuff in the package again!
Fast and Fancy Taco Butternut Squash Bites
- 1 medium Butternut squash peeled, seeded and cubed.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 - 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning Mix
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, toss Butternut squash cubes with oil, Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix and toss until lightly coated.
- Heat baking sheet in the oven for a few minutes. Remove and arrange squash on sheet so that cubes are not touching one another.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes, turning once half way through.