This recipe for my favourite gluten-free peanut butter chocolate cookies makes soft but sturdy flourless cookies with crunchy peanuts and sweet chocolate chips.
A container of gluten-free peanut butter chocolate cookies in the freezer is a must in our house.
One of the benefits of being a food blogger is that there is usually something enticing tucked away in the freezer. Every night, about an hour after dinner, Denis and I have what we call our "chocolate fix." It's usually a cookie or a bar, and this cookie recipe is one of our favourites. It makes a soft cookie with lots of chocolate-peanut crunch.
There is a problem, however. One cookie is terrific, but two are better. Essential, actually. And sometimes that requires an extra trip to the deep freeze. (I think of that walk as an opportunity to burn a few extra calories.) There is something about the combination of chocolate and peanut butter that is irresistible. Those flavours bring back a flood of childhood memories of cookies and milk at the kitchen table after school.
Peanut butter and chocolate. BFF's. Total comfort food.
Here's all you need to get started:
Ingredients for my favourite gluten-free peanut butter chocolate cookies
- peanut butter: smooth, natural with oil well mixed in
- coconut sugar
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
An easy gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe
Beat the peanut butter and coconut sugar together, then add the egg, vanilla and baking soda and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts (if desired.) Use a cookie scoop to create balls about 1 inch in diameter. Space apart on a lined cookie sheet, then press down with a fork to create a cross-hatch pattern. Bake for 10-13 minutes at 350°F. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Cookies will harden slightly as they cool.
I've adapted this recipe from several others by substituting coconut palm sugar for granulated sugar, as it is considered to be a low glycemic index food. I also added chopped peanuts because--what's a cookie without some crunch?
I hope you like these too!
Favourite Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter and coconut palm sugar. Add vanilla and egg and beat well. Add baking soda and beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Use a cookie scoop to create balls about 1 inch in diameter. Space apart on a lined cookie sheet, then press down with a fork to create a cross-hatch pattern.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes at 350°F. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Cookies will harden slightly as they cool.
If you like this recipe, please pin it or share it!