Start your day with this cheerful breakfast parfait by layering granola, yogurt, fresh sliced figs, blueberries, almonds and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
I couldn't decide if this Fresh Fig Yogurt Breakfast Parfait should be breakfast or dessert.
It's wholesome enough for breakfast, but elegant enough for dessert. So we had it for both!
I silently jumped for joy last week when I spotted fresh figs in the produce section of my local supermarket. It's January, not July! We gorge ourselves on figs from our own trees during the summer months, and miss them during the winter. Until this week!
Homemade granola, yogurt (use coconut yogurt to keep this parfait dairy-free), fresh sliced figs, blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey made a satisfying breakfast. I topped it off with a few toasted sliced almonds for some extra crunch.
Smoothies and smoothie bowls make a satisfying breakfast too, but change is always good, right? Having a yogurt parfait with granola and fresh fruit makes breakfast seem like a special event! This Apple Crumble Breakfast Parfait is one of my favourites, but today, with fresh figs in the fridge, this Fresh Fig Yogurt Breakfast Parfait started our day off on a delicious note!
Fresh Fig Yogurt Parfait with Blueberries
- 1 cup yogurt, any kind Greek, low-fat, or coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup granola, homemade or store-bought
- 2 fresh figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp flaked toasted almonds
- Layer ingredients in a glass or dessert cup as follows: granola, half the yogurt, fresh figs and blueberries, remaining yogurt, and almonds. Garnish with a few blueberries, a slice of fig and a sprig of mint, if desired.