This recipe for a fresh Pina Colada Smoothie is a nutritional powerhouse made with coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, chia and hemp. A taste of the tropics!
It's a good thing I'm sipping this sunshiny Pina Colada Smoothie today. It's foggy here on the West Coast. AGAIN. I can barely see the ocean from my kitchen window this morning. Everything outside my windows today looks GRAY and it has been like that for most of this week. I need to be in the tropics.
But if I can't be there myself, at least I can bring a little of it into my home. This fresh Pina Colada Smoothie does just that!
Look at all the nutritional benefits of these ingredients!
- banana is a good source of the potassium you need daily
- pineapple has anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits and is loaded with Vitamin C
- fresh ginger aids in digestion
- turmeric--a powerful anti-inflammatory--also adds a little warm appetizing colour
- coconut may help to regulate cholesterol
- hemp and chia provide protein and fiber and much, much more
Those benefits aside, this smoothie simply tastes good!
Full of the flavours of the tropics--pineapple, coconut, and banana--and spiked with ginger and turmeric, this Pina Colada Smoothie is a mood-changing, pick-me-up, healthy way to start the day.
No added sweetener is necessary when you use ripe fruit. Protein from hemp and chia will provide the energy you need to have a productive morning. Want a pineapple-flavoured smoothie with the added benefit of greens? Try this Pineapple Orange Green Smoothie with microgreens!
Add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Garnish with fresh pineapple if you'd like!
We start every day with a smoothie of some sort, sometimes green from kale, chocolatey from cocoa nibs and almond butter, purple from blueberries, or pink from raspberries or strawberries. Today, however, this Pina Colada smoothie is bringing that tropical sunshine right where we need it. Here in the fog. Cheers!
🗒 More Smoothie Recipes
Fresh Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup coconut milk fresh from the carton
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ - 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender and serve.
Leave a comment