A delicious round-up of 10 gluten-free baked chicken recipes that are perfect for a tasty homemade meal! Whether you're looking for easy recipes for oven-baked chicken breasts or succulent baked chicken thighs, either boneless or bone-in chicken, you're sure to find what you're looking for in this collection.
From flavourful glazes to mouthwatering marinades, these recipes are sure to satisfy your family's taste for juicy chicken. These gluten-free baked chicken recipes are easy enough for a weeknight meal but impressive enough for a dinner party!
- Chicken is a popular dinner choice
- 10 Gluten-free Baked Chicken Recipes
- 1. Gluten-free chicken recipes to marinate and bake
- 🥶 How to freeze chicken in a marinade
- 👍🏼 Helpful tips for freezing chicken
- 2. Gluten-free chicken recipes to sear and bake
- 🥶 How to freeze and store one-pan baked chicken dishes
- 🗒 More wholesome homemade chicken recipes
Chicken is a popular dinner choice
Chicken is always a popular choice for dinner. It's a versatile protein that can be prepared in a multitude of ways, from baked to grilled, fried to roasted, providing endless culinary possibilities.
Chicken is widely available and affordable. It's a lean source of protein that is lower in fat compared to other meats, making it a healthier option.
Its versatility, affordability, and health benefits make it the go-to dinner choice for many families!
When it's time to have friends for dinner, I often turn to my favourite chicken recipes. If I don't know their dietary choices (do they eat red meat? do they avoid pork?) I find that chicken is a safe choice.
Chicken can be prepared in many different ways. Glaze it with a tasty sauce like these Blackberry Glazed Chicken Thighs or these Honey-Dijon Turmeric Chicken Thighs. Bake it in a delicious marinade, skewer it and grill it to juicy perfection, or air fry it. You'll find over 80 chicken recipes here on Flavour and Savour!
10 Gluten-free Baked Chicken Recipes
I've collected 10 of my favourite gluten-free chicken recipes to bake in the oven, perfect for busy nights! You'll find that many are both gluten-free and dairy-free chicken dishes, too.
I've divided this round-up into two sections:
- Gluten-free chicken recipes to marinate and bake
- Gluten-free chicken recipes to sear, then bake
I've also included easy freezer instructions for both methods.
Click on the green buttons below each photo to take you directly to the recipes.
1. Gluten-free chicken recipes to marinate and bake
Easy Thai Baked Chicken
Use either breasts or thighs to make this gluten-free Thai baked chicken.
Easy Lemon Baked Chicken
Asian Glazed Garlic Chicken
Easy Baked Maple Dijon Chicken
Caribbean Jerk Chicken Breasts
Cranberry Boneless Chicken Thighs with Rosemary
🥶 How to freeze chicken in a marinade
Save time and energy!
- Double a recipe when you're making dinner.
- Label a freezer bag with the name of the recipe and add the date.
- Place half the chicken and half the marinade in a freezer bag and seal the bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Massage the marinade into the chicken a little.
- Lay the bag flat on a baking sheet and freeze.
- Once it's frozen, you can stack your bags neatly in your freezer.
- The night before you're ready to cook it, take it out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator to thaw. While it's thawing slowly, it's marinating the chicken at the same time!
👍🏼 Helpful tips for freezing chicken
Use airtight containers to freeze chicken. Air is the enemy when you're trying to keep foods fresh.
If you're using a zipper-closure freezer bag to freeze your chicken breasts or thighs, be sure to remove as much air as you can from the bag. Lay the bag with the marinade flat on a baking sheet in the freezer. Once it's frozen, flat bags will stack easily, taking up less room in your freezer. They will also thaw more quickly. Frozen chicken recipes will last about 3 months in your freezer.
Using a vacuum sealer is the best way to preserve your marinated chicken longer than 3 months and keep the flavour intact. Vacuum packing extends the life of foods by months and even years by removing air from sealed containers or bags, preventing oxidation which affects your food's nutritional value and flavour. It can also prevent the growth of microorganisms that may spoil your food.
You must thaw the chicken in the fridge, not at room temperature. Harmful bacteria can form easily if chicken is not kept chilled. Then bake as directed in the recipe and enjoy an easy, wholesome gluten-free chicken dinner!
2. Gluten-free chicken recipes to sear and bake
Baked Chicken Fajita Casserole
One-Pan Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken
Sheet Pan Chicken and Roasted Harvest Vegetables
Baked Sun-dried Tomato and Artichoke Chicken
🥶 How to freeze and store one-pan baked chicken dishes
When you bake a chicken recipe in a casserole pan or an oven-proof skillet, you probably won't want to freeze it in the pan. Your dish will be in the freezer and out of commission until you decide to thaw and bake it.
There's an easy solution to this problem! Freeze your recipe in the shape of the pan, then wrap it tightly in plastic or foil.
- First, line the dish with a layer of aluminum foil and a layer of plastic wrap. Make sure the layers extend well beyond the dish on either side, as you'll be wrapping it up.
- Transfer your food into the lined pan, then freeze.
- Once it's fully frozen, lift it out of the pan, wrap it tightly with the overhanging plastic wrap and foil. You may also wish to slide the pan-shaped package into a large zipper-closure bag if it will fit.
- Label it with the name of the recipe and the date and return it to the freezer.
- When you're ready to use it, thaw it overnight in the fridge, unwrap, and place it back in the original baking dish or oven-proof skillet.
🗒 More wholesome homemade chicken recipes
When you make one of these recipes, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you! Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.