This gluten-free Cherry Chocolate Skillet Cookie has crispy edges, soft, melted chocolate chunks and sweet cherries in every bite! Paleo and keto options.
Gluten-free Cherry Chocolate Skillet Cookie to the rescue when you need a quick dessert!
Pop this in the oven, grab two spoons and dive in to this skillet cookie with your partner. Gooey chocolate, sweet cherries and a soft cookie with crispy edges: who knew eating a cookie could be this much fun?
Ingredients for Gluten-Free Cherry Chocolate Skillet Cookie
I've included options to make this cookie work for your diet, whether that's gluten-free, paleo or keto. It's easy to adapt and is just as delicious whichever way you choose to bake it.
For Paleo diet: choose coconut oil and coconut sugar, use dairy-free chocolate.
For Keto diet: choose butter or coconut oil, 0-calorie sweetener, and dark chocolate sweetened with Stevia. Cherries have a slightly higher glycemic index than berries, so you can substitute raspberries for the cherries if you like.
An Easy Chocolate Skillet Cookie recipe!
Beat the wet ingredients, whisk the dry ingredients, combine the two, then gently fold in the cherries and chocolate. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let it cool for a few minutes, top with ice cream, whipped cream or whipped coconut milk and dig in!
If you love gluten-free desserts with cherries, try these too!
- Flourless Cherry Almond Ricotta Cake
- Light Cherry Yogurt Coconut Fool
- 10 - Minute Creamy Lemon Ricotta Cherry Parfait
- Gluten-Free Sour Cherry Almond Tart
Gluten-Free Cherry Chocolate Skillet Cookie
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, softened *not melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or 0-calorie sweetener like erythritol
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 cup blanched superfine almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate** dairy-free, good quality, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup cherries fresh or frozen, halved, plus a few whole cherries for garnish
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease two 5-inch mini cast iron skillet with coconut oil or butter.
- Beat the butter (or coconut oil) and erythritol (or coconut sugar) until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Whisk the almond flour, baking soda and salt and add to the wet ingredients, mixing well. Gently fold in the cherries and chocolate chunks.
- Divide the cookie dough between the skillets and press right to the edges until smooth on top. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes or until nicely browned and toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then serve plain, or with ice cream, whipped cream or whipped coconut milk and a few extra cherries.
Kitchen Items I used to make this Skillet Cookie recipe
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.