Top this tender Grain-free Apple Cranberry Bread with a naturally sweet glaze made from pecans, maple syrup and coconut oil. A healthy coffee-time snack! Paleo.Grain-free Apple Cranberry Bread, fresh from the oven will help satisfy any sweet craving you might have, without resorting to eating sugary snacks! I don't know what it is about the fall and winter months that make me crave muffins and quick breads for a snack. I find myself snooping around the kitchen in mid-morning (and sometimes mid-afternoon, too, if truth be told) looking for "just a tiny snack." I'm obsessed with apples lately! I used sweet Honeycrisp apples in this grain-free quick bread recipe to contrast with tart cranberries and lemon zest. I liked the result. Just down the road from where we live is a winery that also sells organic apples and grapes. The farmer has a shed with nine or ten large wooden bins, all filled with different varieties of apples: Honeycrisp, Jonathan, Gala, Fuji, Golden Delicious, and more. It's a "serve-yourself" shop that operates on the honour system. All apples are $1.00 per pound. You weigh them yourself and deposit your money in a cash box. They're fresh, organic, beautiful locally grown apples, just waiting for me to make some apple bread. I considered topping this apple cranberry bread with a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and lemon juice, but then I decided to keep this recipe truly Paleo. I blended some pecans with a little maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla and spread it on top, once the loaf had cooled completely. While it's not necessary, it added a touch of natural sweetness. You know you're going to snack . . . so choose a healthy one! Let's get started.
To make this Paleo Apple Quick Bread recipe, you will need:
- coconut oil: organic virgin, cold-pressed, unrefined is best
- maple syrup
- coconut sugar
- applesauce: homemade or store bought
- almond flour: Superfine ground
- coconut flour
- lemon zest
This Apple Cranberry Bread is an easy Paleo recipe!
- Combine the wet ingredients in one bowl, the dry ingredients in another, then add the two together, gently folding in the apples and cranberries.
- Spread in a lined loaf pan.
- While the loaf is baking, combine the pecan glaze ingredients in a blender.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully remove to a wire rack.
- Cool the loaf completely, spread the glaze on top, and slice.
More grain-free quick bread recipes
Paleo Apple Cranberry Bread with Pecan Glaze
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Superfine almond flour this recipe uses Bob's Red Mill
- ¼ cup coconut flour*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ⅓ cup apples peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cranberries chopped
Maple Pecan Glaze
- ½ cup pecans
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and applesauce. Stir well.
- Add the eggs and beat until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the finely ground almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, lemon zest and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Gently fold in the apples and cranberries.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F. for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, blend all Maple Pecan Glaze ingredients in a blender. It's okay if it's a little chunky.
- When loaf is completely cook, spread glaze on top and serve. Store in refrigerator.