Top this tender Grain-free Apple Cranberry Bread with a naturally sweet glaze made from pecans, maple syrup and coconut oil. A healthy coffee-time snack! Paleo.
Grain-free Apple Cranberry Bread, fresh from the oven will help satisfy any sweet craving you might have, without resorting to eating sugary snacks!
I don't know what it is about the fall and winter months that make me crave muffins and quick breads for a snack. I find myself snooping around the kitchen in mid-morning (and sometimes mid-afternoon, too, if truth be told) looking for "just a tiny snack."
I'm obsessed with apples lately! I used sweet Honeycrisp apples in this grain-free quick bread recipe to contrast with tart cranberries and lemon zest. I liked the result.
Just down the road from where we live is a winery that also sells organic apples and grapes. The farmer has a shed with nine or ten large wooden bins, all filled with different varieties of apples: Honeycrisp, Jonathan, Gala, Fuji, Golden Delicious, and more. It's a "serve-yourself" shop that operates on the honour system. All apples are $1.00 per pound. You weigh them yourself and deposit your money in a cash box. They're fresh, organic, beautiful locally grown apples, just waiting for me to make some apple bread.
I considered topping this apple cranberry bread with a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and lemon juice, but then I decided to keep this recipe truly Paleo.
I blended some pecans with a little maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla and spread it on top, once the loaf had cooled completely. While it's not necessary, it added a touch of natural sweetness.
You know you're going to snack . . . so choose a healthy one! Let's get started.
To make this Paleo Apple Quick Bread recipe, you will need:
- coconut oil: organic virgin, cold-pressed, unrefined is best
- maple syrup
- coconut sugar
- applesauce: homemade or store bought
- almond flour: Superfine ground
- coconut flour
- lemon zest
This Apple Cranberry Bread is an easy Paleo recipe!
- Combine the wet ingredients in one bowl, the dry ingredients in another, then add the two together, gently folding in the apples and cranberries.
- Spread in a lined loaf pan.
- While the loaf is baking, combine the pecan glaze ingredients in a blender.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully remove to a wire rack.
- Cool the loaf completely, spread the glaze on top, and slice.
If you make this paleo apple cranberry bread, let me know how you liked it in the comments section below. Enjoy!
Paleo Apple Cranberry Bread with Pecan Glaze
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Superfine almond flour this recipe uses Bob's Red Mill
- ¼ cup coconut flour*
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup apples peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries chopped
Maple Pecan Glaze
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and applesauce. Stir well.
- Add the eggs and beat until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the finely ground almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, lemon zest and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Gently fold in the apples and cranberries.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F. for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, blend all Maple Pecan Glaze ingredients in a blender. It's okay if it's a little chunky.
- When loaf is completely cook, spread glaze on top and serve. Store in refrigerator.
More Paleo Quick Bread Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Like this recipe? Please pin it or share it! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe.