A bowl of homemade granola topped with milk or yogurt satisfies all food cravings you might have: sweet, crunchy, wholesome . . . you name it! Full of nutritious nuts and seeds, baked with coconut oil, and sweetened with honey or maple syrup this grain-free granola is paleo and vegan.
This grain-free nutty granola recipe is full of nutritious nuts and seeds, baked with coconut oil, and sweetened with honey or maple syrup. It's a healthy, delicious way to start your day.
You'll find a complete list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
- nuts and seeds: pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or your favorite nuts and seeds. You'll need 9 cups altogether.
- shredded coconut: medium, unsweetened
- coconut oil
- honey: or maple syrup for vegan diets
- cinnamon: and a little salt to enhance flavours
- pure vanilla extract
A small amount of this nutty granola with some almond milk or coconut yogurt and fresh berries makes a perfectly satisfying breakfast. It's quick and easy to put together on busy mornings, too. Have it on the side with this fabulous Broiled Grapefruit with Maple Syrup!
You can customize this recipe to your liking. Choose your favourite nuts and seeds. If you don't like coconut, leave it out. Choose your sweetener: honey or maple syrup works well in this healthy breakfast recipe.
This Grain-Free Nutty Granola takes only 10 minutes to prepare
- Pulse the nuts in food processor until roughly chopped.
- Add the seeds, oil, sweetener of your choice and flavourings. Pulse again until finely chopped.
- Spread in a large roasting pan or on rimmed baking sheets. Add the coconut and stir.
- Bake at 250 °F for 45-60 minutes, stirring and turning every 15 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure the nuts don't burn.
How long will this homemade granola keep?
This granola recipe makes a large batch. Store it in an air-tight container or in large Mason jars and it will stay fresh for weeks.
Grain-Free Nutty Granola
- Pulse nuts in food processor until roughly chopped.
- Add seeds, oil, sweetener and flavourings. Pulse till finely chopped.
- Spread in a large roasting pan. Stir in coconut.
- Bake at 250 degrees F. for 45 - 60 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure the nuts don't brown too quickly.