This Greek Salad Mini Flatbread with Tzatziki makes a healthy, fresh veggie-packed, flavourful accompaniment to dinner. It's a breeze to prep!
It's fresh. It's tasty. And it's fast. This Greek Salad Mini Flatbread with Tzatziki Sauce recipe needs to be on your menu plan this week.
Oh, you don't make menu plans? That's okay. Neither do I. I'm much more of a "What am I in the mood for today?" type of cook. I know having a weekly plan complete with detailed shopping lists is the most efficient way to run a household, but I've never really felt the urge to be that organized. Besides, this Greek Salad Flatbread resulted from a sudden craving for a street-food gyro, and I would have missed out if I'd been chained to a menu plan.
After I dug up old memories of our time in Athens while I was grilling these Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs, I decided that a Greek-inspired, fresh veggie-packed flatbread was what I needed that day. I served this Greek Salad Mini Flatbread along with the kabobs to make a completely satisfying dinner.
I was excited to find these mini flatbread at my local grocer. Having previously made this recipe on regular-sized flatbread, I found I had to cut them to make them manageable to eat. Mini flatbread to the rescue! These are just the right size to grill first (and melt some grated cheese, if you like) then top with crunchy peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, kalamata olives and feta cheese. Drizzle it all with store-bought or homemade Tzatziki Sauce to make it all stick together, and you have the makings of a fabulous side dish or a complete lunch!
Greek Salad Mini Flatbread with Tzatziki
- 4 mini flatbread
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup each finely chopped red pepper, orange pepper, and yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/8 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 -1/2 cup Tzatziki sauce
- 1/3 cup peeled and finely diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely minced
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Top the flatbread with grated Mozzarella cheese. Broil in oven for 3 - 5 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Mix the Tzatziki sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Either toss all salad ingredients and Tzatziki sauce together, or top flatbread with salad and drizzle Tzatziki on top.
- Serve immediately.
Dinner problem solved!
Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs with Greek Salad Mini Flatbread