These Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos have it all. Crispy chips, ooey-gooey cheese, spicy chicken, creamy avocado, and lots of crunchy veggies--a perfect combo!
Everyone's favourite snack food just became a full meal. These Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos have it all. Crispy chips, ooey-gooey cheese, spicy chicken, creamy avocado, and lots of crunchy veggies--a perfect combo!
One night last week, we sat in front of the fire and called this dinner. It was a balanced meal . . . well, balanced enough for a casual meal, and we dug into it as if we were little kids.
Nachos. They've been a popular pub food for decades. I distinctly remember the first time I had this Tex-Mex snack. Years ago, friends of ours were moving their young family from Canada to Arizona and they made a huge platter of nachos for their farewell party. While I was so sad to see them go, I was smitten with this new-to-me plate of incredible flavours. Nachos became a regular snack in our home after that, and over the years we've consumed countless platters piled high with chips, cheese and jalapeños in pubs and restaurants.
But who needs pub nachos when you can make these so easily, and so much healthier, at home? I opted to make these sheet pan chicken nachos instead of the mountainous versions often popular in restaurants. Spreading them out on a pan gives a higher ration of chicken, cheese and veggies to chips. No more naked chips pulled from the pile! These chips are each guaranteed to be loaded with toppings.
Make these Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos with layers of:
- tortilla chips
- taco-seasoned ground chicken
- black beans
- red bell peppers
- and did I say cheese?
Start with a layer of your favourite tortilla chips. Top with grated cheese, taco seasoned ground chicken, and black beans.
Next, add more chips, more cheese, red bell peppers, and jalapeño peppers.
Bake for 7 - 10 minutes until cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and top with cherry tomatoes and crisp shredded lettuce. Drizzle the entire sheet pan with avocado cream or just serve with my homemade Quick Chunky Guacamole.
Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos with Avocado Cream
- 1 bag of your favourite tortilla chips
- 1 ½ - 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/1/2 - 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 - 3 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup water mixed with 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ of a 14 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ orange pepper, diced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ¼ - ½ cup sliced olives (optional)
Avocado Cream ingredients
- 1 leaves large handful cilantro
- ½ avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of ½ lime
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Prepare Avocado Cream first. Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Brown ground chicken in skillet. Add taco seasoning mix and stir in cornstarch mixture until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Layer tortilla chips on baking sheet to cover completely.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then cooked taco chicken, then black beans.
- Add another layer of tortilla chips, peppers, jalapeños and cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 7 - 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven. Top with sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, green onions and olives, if desired.
- Drizzle with avocado cream and serve.