Craving a chocolate chip cookie, but avoiding grains? Grain-free Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with cashews, dates and almond flour.
Grain-free Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies to satisfy those cookie cravings! No gluten!
Guess what is the most searched-for cookie recipe on the Internet?
You guessed it! Chocolate Chip.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a cookie fanatic. Cake? Meh. Store-bought staff room birthday cakes held no appeal for me. But cookies? Look out, colleagues!
Giving up grains doesn't mean I have to give up cookies, I've discovered. This recipe from Real Life Paleo totally satisfies that cookie craving. Made with cashews, almond and coconut flour and spiked with chocolate chips and walnuts, it results in a soft paleo chocolate chip cookie, but the nuts give the cookies that necessary crunch.
Fellow cookie lovers will understand my need for the crunch.
A good recipe for baking with kids!
Baking cookies is an activity I've always loved doing with kids. They love to measure and stir and pour and sneak the chocolate chips while I pretend not to see. Baking makes my home smell, well . . . homey, and we're all rewarded with a warm cookie after just a few minutes.
What can I add to these Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies besides Chocolate Chips?
You can easily substitute your favourite add-ins to this recipe. I've used chocolate chunks and dried cherries in place of the chocolate chips and walnuts. Just add your favourite nuts or dried fruit once you have the basic dough prepared.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup Medjool dates pitted (about 6 dates)
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Soak the cashews in water for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Place in a food processor with the dates and pulse until very finely chopped.
- Add the butter, eggs, and vanilla and pulse till smooth and blended.Add the flours, baking soda and salt to the processor and pulse until just combined.
- Empty the dough into a mixing bowl and sir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls, place on baking sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly browned but still soft in the center. Let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 min before transferring to a rack to cool. They will become more firm as they cool.
This recipe was adapted from one in Real Life Paleo by Stacy Toth.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The third party pays the commission, not you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Leave a comment