These paleo Pina Colada Muffins with Pecan Crumble are naturally sweetened with honey and pineapple. They're gluten-free and dairy-free, too.
Yesterday I was remembering how much I loved these paleo Pear and Cranberry Muffins, but I wanted to try a new flavour combination. With my Pina Colada Smoothie in the blender and some leftover pineapple in the fridge, the choice was obvious: pineapple and coconut. I branded them "Pineapple Coconut Muffins" until it finally dawned on me that most normal people call that combination Pina Colada.
So, I changed my blog post title to Pina Colada Muffins with Pecan Crumble. I like the way it sounds and I really liked the way these taste! I used the Pear and Cranberry Muffin recipe, but substituted pineapple for the pear and coconut for the cranberries. These paleo Pina Colada muffins turned out just as tender as the original recipe. They're naturally sweet and totally satisfying. I topped them with some chopped pecans for extra crunch.
Just mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet in another, make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and gently stir in the wet ingredients and the coconut. These muffins take only 10 - 15 minutes to mix up. Pop them in the oven and you'll have the kitchen cleaned up by the time the timer is ringing.
Pina Colada Muffins with Pecan Crumble
- Heat oven to 325°F. and line 8 muffin tins with culinary paper liners.
- Measure or weigh almond flour and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, add honey and melted coconut oil or butter.
- Drain pineapple and add to bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir in coconut.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Mix chopped pecans with coconut sugar and sprinkle on top of each muffin. Bake at 325°F. for 22-28 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and remove culinary paper muffin liners. Let cool on rack.
You might like these Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins, too.
This post contains affiliate links through amazon.com. If you purchase something through my site, I receive a small commission, paid by Amazon, not by you. It helps to offset the cost of maintaining my site. Thanks for supporting Flavour & Savour!
If you like this recipe for Pina Colada Muffins, pin it or share it! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe!