This Prosciutto and Cheesy Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is unbelievably quick to make! It’s a simple recipe, but has so much flavour and colour, it will look like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen.
This Prosciutto and Cheesy Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is a problem-solver. Whether you’re a busy parent with kids in extra-curricular activities or retired, like me, we all want a repertoire of dinners that can be prepared and on the dinner table fast! But more than that, we want to avoid highly processed food and serve our families fresh nutritious meals that taste fabulous.
This chicken sheet pan dinner does just that. Problem solved.
It’s an effortless meal, full of your favourite Italian flavours–cured Italian ham, melty mozzarella, creamy potatoes, zucchini, onion, garlic and fresh cherry tomatoes, topped with herbs and a crowning drizzle of balsamic reduction! So good!
This Prosciutto and Cheesy Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is easy to make
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Lay boneless, skinless chicken breasts down the middle and sprinkle with minced fresh garlic.
Top each chicken breast with a slice of prosciutto and a slice of mozzarella cheese.
Surround the chicken with chunky vegetables that will cook in 20 – 25 minutes. I used zucchini and red onion to keep with my Italian flavour theme and added chopped Yukon gold potatoes. I tossed all the vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Once baked, I added halved cherry tomatoes on the top of each cheesy chicken breast, and garnished the sheet pan dinner with fresh parsley, thyme, fennel and rosemary.
Although it doesn’t show in the photo, just before serving I topped each chicken breast with a little balsamic drizzle. Prosciutto added lots of flavour to this sheet pan dinner. Melted mozzarella held everything together and the chicken stayed moist and juicy.
Sheet pan dinners are the answer for those times when you need a wholesome, nutritious supper on the table fast! I have several favourites now, including this Sheet Pan Chicken and Roasted Harvest Vegetables, Hoisin Orange Sheet Pan Chicken and my newest favourite, Thai Chili Sheet Pan Salmon.
If you haven’t tried making sheet pan dinners yet, and you love roasted vegetables, (and like easy clean-up) add one of these to your “things to try” list this week!
Tips for making sheet pan dinners
Choose cuts of meat and vegetables that will cook at the same time.
For example, when I made Maple Walnut Crusted Sheet Pan Halibut I knew that fish would cook very quickly. I chose vegetables that would do the same, in this case, thin asparagus spears and thinly sliced sweet potatoes.
Likewise, when I made Hoisin Orange Sheet Pan Chicken, I used bone-in skin-on chicken thighs and so I choose thick slices of sweet potatoes that take longer to roast.
In this chicken sheet pan dinner with prosciutto and cheese, I knew the boneless chicken breasts wouldn’t take long to cook, so I cut the potatoes small.
Juicy chicken, warm melted cheese, salty prosciutto and fresh tomatoes and herbs. Let this sheet pan supper transport yourself to sunny Tuscany!
Prosciutto and Cheesy Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 thin slices prosciutto ham
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 lbs. (4 large) Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into small pieces *
- 1 medium zucchini, in thick slices (3/4 inch)
- 1 medium red onion, in thick slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin,
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh herbs, such as oregano, thyme, parsley, rosemary, and/or fennel fronds
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Lay boneless, skinless chicken breasts down the middle of the pan and sprinkle with minced fresh garlic.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of prosciutto and a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Choose vegetables that will roast in 20 - 25 minutes, (like chopped Yukon Gold potatoes, red onion and zucchini) and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange on the tray around the chicken breasts.
- Roast at 400°F. for 20 -25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender and the chicken has registered an internal temperature of 170°F. Remove from oven and serve from the tray, or transfer to a serving platter.
Nutrition FactsProsciutto and Cheesy Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner Amount Per Serving Calories 391 Calories from Fat 117 % Daily Value*Fat 13g20%Saturated Fat 5g31%Cholesterol 95mg32%Sodium 342mg15%Potassium 1504mg43%Carbohydrates 30g10%Fiber 6g25%Sugar 1g1%Protein 36g72%Vitamin A 325IU7%Vitamin C 36.5mg44%Calcium 227mg23%Iron 8.1mg45%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
More Sheet Pan Dinner inspiration for you
- Maple Walnut Crusted Sheet Pan Halibut
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Harvest Vegetables
- Thai Chili Sheet Pan Salmon
- Maple Garlic Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Hoisin Orange Sheet Pan Dinner with Sweet Potatoes
- Harissa Chicken Sheet Pan Supper
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.