This Rainbow Detox Salad may help to cleanse your body, eliminate toxins and brighten your skin.
What could be better after a weekend of indulging than a fresh detox salad, full of the colours of the rainbow? This Rainbow Detox Salad may help to cleanse your body, eliminate toxins and brighten your skin. It’s full of fresh crunchy vegetables, juicy berries, and nuts and seeds, all on a bed of healthy kale.
Just as a real estate agent’s mantra is “location, location, location,” today my mantra was “presentation, presentation, presentation.” I wouldn’t have been so enthused about diving into this vegan kale salad if it was all tossed together in a bowl. Blueberries or beets staining my cucumbers? Don’t even think about it.
I used my Spiral Vegetable Slicer to spiralize the beets, cucumbers and carrots, just because it’s fun. And awfully cute. Grating these veggies would be just fine too, if you don’t have a spiralizer.
This salad is full of antioxidants, vitamins and fiber, but more importantly, it’s absolutely delicious!
Ready to get started? Here’s what you’ll need:
Ingredients for Rainbow Salad with Avocado Cream Dressing
- kale: your favourite variety. I prefer Lacinato, also known as Dinosaur kale, Black kale, or Tuscan kale, as it’s more tender when eaten raw.
- berries: raspberries for red
- carrots: for orange
- bell pepper: for yellow
- cucumber: for green
- blueberries: for blue
- beets: for purple
- seeds and nuts: I used pumpkin seeds and almonds
Have fun creating your own vegan Detox Salad
- Start with a bed of kale. Remove the center stems. Chop the kale finely, then massage it with a teaspoon or two of olive oil and a pinch of salt to tenderize it.
- Arrange your vegetables and berries on top in rows, according to the colours of the rainbow.
- Add some pumpkin seeds and almonds for protein.
- Drizzle it all with vegan Avocado Cream and you have the makings of a beautiful healthy whole-meal salad!
This recipe will make two large or four small salads.
Rainbow Detox Salad
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 carrot
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 medium beet
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp raw almonds
- 1 avocado peeled and seed removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Put the finely chopped kale in a medium bowl, add the olive oil and salt and massage it into the leaves to tenderize.
- Divide the kale into 2 serving bowls.
- Arrange the chopped or spiralized vegetables, the berries and the nuts in a rainbow pattern on top of the kale.
- To make the avocado cream, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Drizzle on top of the salad and serve immediately.
Love colourful salads like this one? You may also be interest in these:
- 8 Fresh Spring Salads to Brighten any Meal
- Kiwi Mandarin Spinach Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Watermelon Radish and Satsuma Spinach Salad
Kitchen Items I used to make this Rainbow Detox Salad
This post has been updated with new information and instructions.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.