This Rainbow Detox Salad may help to cleanse your body, eliminate toxins and brighten your skin.
What could be better after a weekend of indulging than a fresh detox salad, full of the colours of the rainbow? This Rainbow Detox Salad will help to cleanse your body, eliminate toxins and brighten your skin. It’s full of fresh crunchy vegetables, juicy berries, and nuts and seeds.
Just as a real estate agent’s mantra is “location, location, location”, today my mantra was “presentation, presentation, presentation.” I wouldn’t have been so enthused about diving into this salad if it was all tossed together in a bowl. Blueberries or beets staining my cucumbers? Don’t even think about it. I used my Spiral Vegetable Slicer to spiralize the beets, cucumbers and carrots, just because it’s fun. And awfully cute. Grating these veggies would be just fine too, if you don’t have a spiralizer.
Have fun creating your own Rainbow Detox Salad
- Start with a bed of kale.
- Arrange your vegetables and berries on top in rows, according to the colours of the rainbow.
- Add some pumpkin seeds and almonds for protein.
- Drizzle it all with a vegan avocado cream and you have the makings of a beautiful healthy whole-meal salad!
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 carrot
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 medium beet
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp raw almonds
- 1 avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Put the chopped kale in a medium bowl, add the olive oil and massage it into the leaves to tenderize, Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Divide the kale into 2 serving bowls.
- Arrange the chopped or spiralized vegetables, the berries and the nuts in a rainbow pattern on top of the kale.
- To make the avocado cream, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Drizzle on top of the salad and serve immediately.2
This is the spiral vegetable slicer I use.
Don’t miss out on my free recipe updates, Subscribe here in the sidebar and Like my Facebook page. Follow me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. Thanks for stopping by!
This post contains affiliate links. If you order items through this post, I receive a small fee which helps to support the cost of maintaining this site.