This easy rustic tomato salad is a simple way to intensify the flavours of fresh tomatoes.
Here's a simple Rustic Tomato Salad that hardly needs a recipe, but read on! A few easy tricks intensify the flavour of fresh tomatoes and make what seems a bowl of sliced tomatoes into a special salad!
A 5-minute technique to improve the flavour of tomatoes
You can easily further intensify the flavour, texture and sweetness of tomatoes with this simple 5-minute technique. These additions are delicious on fresh summer tomatoes, and they will also help brighten the flavour of winter tomatoes that often lack flavour.
- Slice or chop fresh sun-ripened tomatoes.
- sprinkle with a little salt.
- Drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add a very generous drizzle of good quality olive oil.
- Add a healthy dribble of balsamic vinegar.
- Give the tomatoes a toss, add some fresh basil if you like, and serve.
That's it. This Rustic Tomato Salad recipe makes top-drawer tomatoes in five minutes!
So don't pass over those local tomatoes or the heirlooms at your farmer's market this week. Get them quick before they disappear for another year and enjoy this rustic tomato salad.
Rustic Tomato Salad
- 6 - 8 cups tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Slice or chop the tomatoes (or halve the cherry tomatoes and place in a shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and toss.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on the tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fresh torn basil leaves.