This Smoky Chipotle Shrimp Pizza is smoking hot! Chipotle peppers and garlic season fresh shrimp and crunchy red and yellow bell peppers. Make it gluten-free!
This Chipotle Shrimp Pizza is not your run-of-the-mill pizza! It’s fiery hot, piled high with crunchy peppers and fresh shrimp and topped with lots of salty parmesan cheese. It’s the kind of pizza that brings a light sweat to your brow, but leaves you wanting one more piece and another one after that.
And best of all, it’s easy to make it deliciously gluten-free, too! Now that I’ve discovered Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Mix, pizza is back on the menu in our home. This mix makes a crispy crust that rivals and even surpasses a regular pizza crust in both flavour and texture. It’s crispy on the outside and soft and chewy inside. If you’re seeking a gluten-free pizza, I highly recommend that you try this one. (This is not a sponsored post. I just happen to really like this product.)
One package of this mix makes two 12-inch pizza crusts. You can either double this recipe below for Smoky Chipotle Shrimp Pizza, or wrap and freeze one for another day.
- 1 12- inch prepared pizza crust*
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 - 4 chipotle peppers in adobo with the sauce, (about half of a 7 oz. or 198gm. can)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. powdered garlic)
- 1 - 1/2 cups fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the chipotle peppers, garlic and shrimp.
- Layer on the pizza crust as follows:
- Tomato paste, peppers, shrimp mixture, Parmesan
- Bake at 400 F. until cheese has melted and crust is nicely browned, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and freshly ground pepper.
Use your favourite pizza crust recipe, buy a ready-made one, or use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix to keep it gluten-free. This pizza mix requires 2 eggs and 2 Tablespoons of oil. I've been really happy with the results and have used this mix many times. The mix makes two 12-inch crusts, so you can either freeze one for another day, or double the topping recipe to make two pizzas.
If you love that chipotle flavour as much as I do, you’ll probably love these recipes too: