This Smoky Chipotle Shrimp Pizza is smoking hot! Chipotle peppers and garlic season fresh shrimp and crunchy red and yellow bell peppers. Make it gluten-free!
This Chipotle Shrimp Pizza is not your run-of-the-mill pizza! It's fiery hot, piled high with crunchy peppers and fresh shrimp and topped with lots of salty parmesan cheese.
It's the kind of pizza that brings a light sweat to your brow, but leaves you wanting one more piece and another one after that.
And best of all, it's easy to make it deliciously gluten-free!
Now that I've discovered Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Mix, pizza is back on the menu in our home. This mix makes a crispy crust that rivals a regular pizza crust in both flavour and texture. It's crispy on the outside and soft and chewy inside. If you're seeking a gluten-free pizza, I highly recommend that you try this one. (This is not a sponsored post. I just happen to really like this product.)
Tips for making Gluten-Free Smoky Chipotle Shrimp Pizza
Adjust the amount of chipotle peppers according to your family's tastes. I use part of a small can of chipotle peppers in adobo and store the remainder in a glass jar in the refrigerator for another time.
Use your favourite pizza crust recipe, buy a ready-made one, or use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix to keep it gluten-free. This pizza mix requires 2 eggs and 2 Tablespoons of oil. I've been really happy with the results and have used this mix many times.
One package of this mix makes two 12-inch pizza crusts. You can either double this recipe below for Smoky Chipotle Shrimp Pizza, or wrap and freeze one for another day. You might like one of these pizza recipes:
- Roasted Grape Goat Cheese Balsamic Pizza
- Fresh Fig, Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza
- Gluten-Free Caramelized Pear and Blue Cheese Pizza
Gluten-Free Smoky Chipotle Shrimp Pizza
- 1 12-inch prepared pizza crust*
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 oz. chipotle peppers in adobo with the sauce, (about half of a 7 oz. or 198gm. can), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper diced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- In a small bowl, mix the finely chopped chipotle peppers, garlic and shrimp.
- Layer ingredients on the prepared pizza crust as follows: tomato paste, peppers, shrimp mixture, Parmesan
- Bake at 400 F. until cheese has melted and crust is nicely browned, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and freshly ground pepper.
If you love that chipotle flavour as much as I do, you'll probably love these recipes too:
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.