Spiced Pumpkin Seeds make a healthy snack for a tailgate party, an addition to a cheese platter, or a garnish for soup or salad. Love spicy pepitas? These are mildly salty with a kick from chipotle peppers!
Every salad needs some crunch. Every bowl of soup needs a garnish. These Spiced Pumpkin Seeds made tasty toppings for our bowls of Carrot-Ginger Soup and Butternut Squash Shiitake Salad this week. It’s the season for my favourite fall foods: homemade soup, cornbread, roasted root vegetables everything apple, and of course, pumpkin!
These spicy pepitas are quick and easy to make. I tossed them with a little melted butter, ground coriander, chipotle and coarse sea salt and roasted them in the oven until they just began to crackle and pop. They’re great as a garnish and they’re delicious by the handful, too.
Pumpkin seeds (or their Spanish culinary name, pepitas) are packed with protein and are rich in vitamins and minerals. In less than ten minutes, you can have a bowl of nutritious, spiced pumpkin seeds, ready to use
Enjoy! And if you love pumpkin seeds, try this Salted Dark Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds.
Easy Chipotle Spiced Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- 1 1/2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp melted butter, or coconut oil for vegan diet
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground chipotle pepper
- 3/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with butter or oil and seasonings.
- Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 5 - 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Watch carefully that they don't burn.
- Remove from oven. They will continue to brown slightly as the baking sheet cools.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you like spiced seeds and nuts, try these too!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.