Spiced Pumpkin Seeds make a healthy snack for a tailgate party, an addition to a cheese platter, or a garnish for soup or salad. Love spicy pepitas? These are mildly salty with a kick from chipotle peppers!
These spicy pepitas are quick and easy to make. Toss them with a little melted butter, ground coriander, chipotle and coarse sea salt and roast them in the oven until they just began to crackle and pop.
They're great as a garnish and they're delicious by the handful, too.
Pumpkin seeds (or their Spanish culinary name, pepitas) are packed with protein and are rich in vitamins and minerals. In less than ten minutes, you can have a bowl of nutritious, spiced pumpkin seeds, ready to use
Enjoy! And if you love pumpkin seeds, try this Salted Dark Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds.
More appetizer recipes to try
Easy Chipotle Spiced Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- 1 ½ cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon melted butter or coconut oil for vegan diet
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground chipotle pepper
- ¾ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with butter or oil and seasonings.
- Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 5 - 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Watch carefully that they don't burn.
- Remove from oven. They will continue to brown slightly as the baking sheet cools.
- Store in an airtight container.