Easiest Chicken Satay Salad
This Chicken Satay Salad makes a light but totally satisfying dinner. Double it and you have tomorrow's lunch time problem solved!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 26 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 3 tbsp peanut satay sauce (I used Thai Kitchen)
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienne cut
- 2 bell peppers, one red, one yellow or orange, thinly sliced
- 1 long English cucumber, julienne cut
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
Peanut Sauce Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 tsp peanut satay sauce (I used Thai Kitchen)
- 4 tsp honey
Whisk Peanut Sauce Dressing ingredients together. Set aside to allow flavours to blend.
Thinly slice (or julienne cut) carrots, cucumber, and bell peppers. Wash, dry and chop or tear lettuce or your choice of greens.
Combine 3 tbsp peanut satay sauce with 2 tsp oil. Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and toss with peanut sauce/oil mixture. Grease the grill and cook chicken over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Peanut sauce contains sweetener which will scorch if heat is too high.
Toss greens and thinly sliced vegetables and transfer to bowls. Add grilled chicken, garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Toss with Peanut Sauce Dressing and serve.