Asian Pear and Cranberry Chopped Salad
This colourful Asian Pear and Cranberry Chopped Salad is full of crisp pears, crunchy vegetables, sweet cranberries and tangy blue cheese. It's a family favourite, perfect for potlucks.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 head crisp lettuce like romaine or iceberg chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 winter pear or Asian pear, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice (to prevent browning)
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 long English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Toss the chopped pear with lemon juice to prevent browning.
Put the pear, pepper, red onion cucumber, and cranberries in a bowl.
Toss with olive oil and vinegar.
Arrange chopped romaine lettuce on a serving platter or bowl.
Top with pear mixture and garnish with blue cheese and pumpkin seeds.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Vitamin C: 42.7mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.7mg