Fire-Roasted Tomato Goat Cheese Dip
This simple Fire-Roasted Tomato Goat Cheese Dip makes a great appetizer or game-day snack. Gather your friends around the bowl and dip away!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 2 cups
- 1 14 oz can Fire-Roasted Tomatoes, partly drained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each fresh chopped basil, oregano and thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried of each)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- 4 - 6 oz fresh goat cheese, sliced
- 2 loaves flatbread cut into triangles and baked until slightly crispy.
Heat oven to 375°F.
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook just until it begins to change colour, about 2 - 3 minutes.
Add canned tomatoes and herbs. Stir and cook for 5 - 10 minutes.
Transfer tomato mixture to a small ovenproof dish. Arrange slices of goat cheese on top.
Bake uncovered for 10 - 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Move dish to top rack of oven and broil for 3 - 4 minutes or until goat cheese is starting to brown.
Remove and serve immediately with baked flatbread triangles.