30 Minute Ginger Garlic Miso Soup
Enjoy some umami bliss with this healthy Ginger Garlic Miso Soup with Shiitake and Oyster Mushrooms and baby Bok Choy.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 tbsp tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 4 oz rice noodles
- 1/2 cup cooked, shredded chicken (optional)
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, tough stems removed
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 heads Shanghai or baby bok choy, leaves separated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, for garnish
In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
Add tamari or soy sauce to the pot and stir. Add vegetable broth and miso and cook for 5 minutes.
Add rice noodles to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Add optional cooked chicken, mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are slightly tender, about 3 - 5 minutes.
Gently stir in bok choy leaves and cook just until wilted.
Spoon into bowls and garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve hot.