Caramelized Pear and Blue Cheese Pizza
This Caramelized Pear and Blue Cheese Pizza is has all the flavours we usually love in a pear and blue cheese salad, now in a gluten-free pizza.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 1 12-inch pizza
- 1 12- inch baked pizza crust (I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix)
- 1 firm sweet pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (I used a Bosc)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella or other mild cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded serrano or prosciutto ham
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- balsamic drizzle (I used store-bought)
- leaves fresh arugula
Heat oil and butter in a skillet. Add pears and toss to coat. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, stir and cook for another 3 - 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella on pizza crust
Arrange caramelized pears in a single layer on crust.
Top with shredded prosciutto or serrano ham and blue cheese.
Bake at 400°F. for 12 - 15 minutes.
Drizzle with balsamic reduction and garnish with fresh arugula leaves.