Melon Cucumber Salad with Creamy Greek Yogurt Dill Dressing
This Melon Cucumber Salad is refreshingly sweet and juicy. Sweet Honey Kiss melon and crispy cucumbers get a little heat from the spicy red onion and some dried chili flakes. Top it all off with a creamy dressing and this makes an ideal summertime salad.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 small servings
- 1 sweet melon, (I used Honey Kiss)
- 1/2 long English cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pistachios or flaked almonds
- 3 - 4 tbsp Creamy Greek Yogurt Dill Dressing
Creamy Greek Yogurt Dill Dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried dill or 1 tsp fresh dill
Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, slice cucumber very thinly and arrange on a serving platter.
Cut the melon in half, remove seeds and make melon balls from the flesh using a melon baller (or slice into bite-sized pieces.) Scatter on top of the cucumbers.
Add the thinly sliced red onion, sprinkle with chili flakes and refrigerate until serving time.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together and refrigerate.
At serving time, scatter the nuts on top of the salad and drizzle with dressing.