Super Crunchy Thai Noodle Salad
Crisp peppers, cabbage, carrots and cucumber, crunchy peanuts are all tossed together with rice vermicelli and a spicy Thai-style peanut sauce in this Super Crunchy Thai Noodle Salad.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter natural, no-sugar added, creamy style
- ½ cup coconut milk canned
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 - 1/2 inch slice fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 12-ounce package rice noodles
- 3 cups Napa or Savoy cabbage very finely sliced
- 1 cup purple cabbage very finely sliced
- 4 large carrots julienne cut or shredded
- 2 red bell peppers very thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper very thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper very thinly sliced
- 1 long English cucumber seeded
- 8 green onions chopped
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts or cashews, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional
Prepare the Spicy Peanut Sauce first. This can be made up to a few days in advance. Blend all peanut sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside if using right away, or refrigerate (or freeze) if making it in advance.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rice noodles to water and let stand for 8 - 10 minutes (or follow package directions, depending on the type of noodles you're using), stirring after 2 minutes to break up noodles. Remove from heat, drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Set aside.
Prepare all vegetables and transfer to a large bowl with the cooled, rinsed and drained noodles.
Just before serving, toss with the peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro, peanuts, and optional sesame seeds.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 425mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5230IU | Vitamin C: 69.7mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1.4mg