How to Make Spicy Thai Wings
These Spicy Thai Chicken Wings have the complex flavours of Thai food. Ginger and garlic, coconut milk and lime with heat from Sriracha hot sauce makes this an irresistible snack.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 lbs split chicken wings
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tsp sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 limes use zest and juice from one and slice the second for garnish
- 2 tsp tapioca starch or cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp. warm water
- chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
Heat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Rinse wings and pat dry.
In a large bowl, toss wings with 1 tbsp olive oil and sea salt and pepper.
Spread wings on the baking sheet and roast for 30 -35 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned, turning with tongs after 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a medium pot. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
Add coconut milk, Sriracha hot sauce, honey, coconut aminos (or tamari or soy sauce) cinnamon and zest and juice of one lime to the pot. Stir and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes until well blended.
Combine starch and warm water and stir into coconut milk sauce. Continue heating and stirring until slightly thickened.
Remove wings from oven and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with the warm sauce, arrange on a serving platter, garnish with cilantro or parsley and fresh lime slices and serve with extra sauce for dipping.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1015mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 213IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg