Kale and Cara Cara Orange Salad
This beautiful winter salad is made with kale, Cara Cara Oranges, Manchego Cheese, fennel, and toasted pumpkin seeds, all drizzled with a Meyer Lemon vinaigrette.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale, stems removed and sliced very thinly
- 2 Cara Cara oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup grated Manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed Meyer Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
Prepare the vinaigrette ingredients first to allow the flavours to blend. Whisk all ingredients together and let stand while preparing the salad.
Toast the pumpkin seeds by heating them gently in a skillet. No oil required. Just heat until you hear them start to pop, then remove the skillet from the heat. They will continue to roast in the hot pan.
Chop the kale very finely and massage with a little bit of the vinaigrette to tenderize it.
Slice the oranges and the fennel, grate the cheese and arrange in a serving bowl or in individual dishes. Drizzle with more vinaigrette and top with pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!