Sweet Potato Frittata with Fresh Salsa
This Sweet Potato Frittata makes a healthy breakfast or lunch. Flavoured with shallots and chives, it's topped with homemade or store-bought fresh salsa.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg white
- 1 cup diced sweet potatoes
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion, red or white
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- sea salt, to taste
Heat skillets over medium-high heat. Add oil. When hot, add diced sweet potatoes and shallots. Cook until sweet potatoes are tender and edges are beginning to brown and crisp.
Lower heat on stove top. Whisk eggs and add to skillet with chives. Cook until eggs are beginning to set on the bottom and at the edges.
Transfer skillets to broiler. Broil until eggs are completely set. Remove from oven and top with fresh salsa. Serve.