Easy Cajun Shrimp Fried Rice
This hearty one-pot 30-minute Cajun Shrimp Fried Rice brings the fabulous spicy flavours of Louisiana to your dinner table! An easy full-flavoured recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 andouille sausages, thinly sliced about 7 oz
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning store-bought or homemade*
- 4 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 12 oz large shrimp, (about 20 to 24) cooked and peeled
- sea salt to taste
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet. When it ripples, add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
Add celery, onion and red pepper to skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and Cajun seasoning, and stir while cooking for about 1 minute.
Add the rice and continue stirring while cooking until rice is warm, about 3 minutes. Add the cooked shrimp and sausage and cook, stirring until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Check the seasoning, adding sea salt if necessary. Garnish with green onions (scallions) and cilantro and serve immediately.