Low-Carb Roasted Pumpkin Spice Pecans
Warm fall spices make these low-carb roasted Pumpkin Spice Pecans a sugar-free treat! Serve them as a low-carb snack, as a topping for yogurt and berries, or add to a salad.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
- 2 cups pecan halves raw
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice see Recipe Note #1
- 1/2 tsp sea salt Himalayan for keto diet
- 2 tbsp sweetener See Recipe Note #2
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Melt butter in a medium bowl in a microwave.
Add pecans, spices, salt and sweetener and stir to thoroughly combine.
Transfer to baking sheet, spread out and bake for 10 - 15 minutes, turning half way through. Watch carefully, as they will burn easily. They will continue to brown after you remove them from the oven. Let cool before serving.
1. To make a small jar of Pumpkin Pie Spice to use for this recipe and others, combine
3 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp ground ginger
2 tbsp ground nutmeg
1.5 tbsp ground allspice
1.5 tbsp ground cloves
2. For Keto diet, use a zero calorie sweetener like Swerve or Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener.
For Whole30, eliminate sugar.
For Paleo, use maple syrup.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.8mg