30 Minute Creamy Lemon Salmon Piccata
This Creamy Lemon Salmon Piccata is made with pan-seared salmon cooked in a creamy white wine lemon caper sauce. It's an easy 30-minute dish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 6 oz. wild salmon fillets, cut from center
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend, or flour if not on gluten-free diet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine, dry
- 1 cup organic chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed is best
- 1 tsp cornstarch or 2 tsp for a thicker sauce
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup cream 10% MF or heavy cream
- 2 tbsp parsley or dill, chopped for garnish
- 1 medium lemon, sliced for garnish
Pat salmon pieces dry and season with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and oil. When hot, add salmon pieces, skin side down. Sear for 4 to 5 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes or until salmon is no longer raw inside. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fillets. Watch carefully to avoid overcooking.
Remove from skillet to a plate and cover with foil. Add shallot to the skillet and cook briefly until softened.
Add wine, bring to a boil and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan until liquid is reduced by at least half. Add 3/4 cup of the broth and the lemon juice and stir.
Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of the reserved broth in a small cup. Add to the pan and stir until thickened. If not thick enough, add an additional teaspoon of cornstarch with remaining broth and stir. Add the cream reduce heat to simmer. Remove from heat, add capers and the cooked salmon.
Garnish with chopped parsley or dill and lemon slices and serve.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 865mg | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 8.9mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.7mg