Crispy Fennel Apple Chopped Salad with Walnuts
Up your salad game with this tasty Fennel Apple Chopped Salad with Walnuts and Feta Cheese. Full of Mediterranean flavours, this makes a crunchy side salad. Plan to make extra for brown bag lunches!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 36 minutes
Total Time 51 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup fennel bulb, halved, cored and cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/4 cup red onion minced
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 3 cups romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, *or goat cheese
In a colander set over a bowl, sprinkle salt over diced cucumber. Let stand and drain for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar together. Add the drained cucumber, fennel, apples, onion and tarragon. Toss and let stand for 5 - 10 minutes.
Add the romaine and toasted walnuts to the bowl, toss and season with sea salt and pepper. Top with crumbled feta or goat cheese and serve.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 575mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 99.8% | Vitamin C: 16.1% | Calcium: 13.9% | Iron: 13.9%