Cranberry-Apple Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Wake up to a warm, comforting breakfast of Cranberry-Apple Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal. Perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast!
- 3 cups rolled oats, old-fashioned, certified gluten-free if necessary
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, brown sugar, OR 0-calorie sweetener like Monkfruit Sweetener or Swerve
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice *see note 1
- 2 tsp baking powder gluten-free, if necessary
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk of your choice almond, cashew, etc.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2/3 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1/2 cup cranberries fresh or dried
Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with parchment paper liners, OR grease an 8-inch square baking dish with coconut oil or butter.
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin, melted coconut oil (or butter) and applesauce.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
Gently add chopped fresh cranberries or dried cranberries. Stir to distribute evenly. Fill each muffin cup or spread evenly in an 8-inch baking pan.
Optional, but good: Combine 1 tablespoon coconut sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the top of each muffin cup.
Bake muffin cups for 22 - 24 minutes, an 8-inch square pan for 40 - 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 - 10 minutes before removing muffins and transferring to a cooling rack. This time allows them to set up and makes it easy to remove the paper liners.
Serve warm, plain or with milk, yogurt, kefir, applesauce or sliced apples.Freeze extra muffins cups or squares in an airtight container. Reheat in microwave for a quick breakfast.
- If you don't have Pumpkin Pie Spice, combine 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.
- If you don't have applesauce, you can substitute 1 cup finely chopped apple. No need to peel it.
- Depending on the size of your muffin cups, this recipe may 12 -15 cups.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2108IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg