Cherry Vanilla Baked Oatmeal with Chia and Hemp
Meal prep your breakfast! Make these Cherry Vanilla Baked Oatmeal Cups for a healthy grab-and -go breakfast. Great for mid-day snacks, too. An easy make-ahead breakfast recipe.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, certified gluten-free, if necessary
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup erythritol or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom or 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened milk of your choice (milk, almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk)
- 1/2 cup milk kefir or plain yogurt or coconut milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or melted butter)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries pitted and coarsely chopped
Cinnamon/Sugar Topping (optional)
Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin tins with culinary paper muffin liners or spray with cooking spray. See Note 1. Alternatively, grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, kefir or yogurt, melted coconut oil or butter and vanilla extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
Gently add the cherries, stir to distribute evenly. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full OR transfer mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish. See Note 2.
Optional: Combine 1 tbsp coconut sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon, sprinkle evenly over the top.
Bake muffin cups for 20-22 minutes, an 8 x 8 inch pan for 40 - 45 minutes. Serve warm, plain or with milk or yogurt and extra thawed cherries and blueberris.
Freeze extra muffin cups in an airtight container lined with paper towel. Reheat in microwave for a quick breakfast.
- Using culinary paper muffin liners makes these baked oatmeal cups easy to remove from the pan. Using a cooking spray will make the edges more crisp. You choose.
- I use a large cookie scoop to fill the muffin cups. It makes it easy to distribute the batter evenly. Mess-free!
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1.9mg