Tuscan Kale Pasta Salad with Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing
This Tuscan Kale Pasta Salad with Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing is loaded with healthy kale and bold Mediterranean flavours from pasta, prosciutto, dates, walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. Delicious bold flavors, perfect for potlucks and picnics.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 people
Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 4 cups cooked pasta gluten-free, if necessary
- 2 med red bell peppers seeded and diced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 3 cups Lacinato kale, finely sliced (also called Tuscan, Dino or Black kale)
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, cut in ribbons
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- shavings of gorgonzola cheese for garnish
- fresh basil for garnish
Prepare the dressing first. Whisk together oil and vinegar and add yogurt, sea salt and pepper. Gently stir in gorgonzola. If the yogurt begins to separate, just whisk it again. Let stand while preparing salad or refrigerate if making ahead of time. For a creamier dressing, put all ingredients in a mini food processor and blend until smooth.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse briefly in cool water and allow to cool.
Combine pasta salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with dressing until evenly combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve and promptly refrigerate any leftover salad.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2885IU | Vitamin C: 10.4mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 0.8mg