Fresh Vegetarian Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
This Vegetarian Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl makes a healthy lunch or light dinner. It's packed full of protein-rich quinoa, Greek salad veggies, feta cheese and tzatziki sauce.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, red, orange or yellow, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mediterranean olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded, finely diced and well drained
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, very firm
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil, for drizzling on top before serving
Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds with a spoon. Finely dice the cucumber. Sprinkle with a pinch or two of salt and let stand in a strainer to allow the water to drain off. Alternatively, pat dry with paper towel or a clean cloth to remove as much moisture as you can so that the sauce isn't watery.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
Add the finely diced and thoroughly-drained cucumber and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh dill, if desired. Drizzle with a little olive oil just before serving, if you'd like.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 781mg | Potassium: 1073mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3030IU | Vitamin C: 125mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 3mg