Pomegranate Mandarin Salad with Avocado and Feta
This Pomegranate Mandarin Salad with Avocado and Feta is a festive salad for any winter meal! It's bursting with fruit rich in Vitamin C, crunchy pecans and creamy avocado. Top it with crumbled feta or goat cheese.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 4 cups romaine lettuce or crisp mixed greens
- 1 long English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 mandarin oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup pecans toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeeze
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- 1 small shallot finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon each, sea salt and pepper
To make a wreath-shaped salad, place a small bowl for the vinaigrette in the centre of a larger round shallow bowl or platter.
Arrange bite-sized pieces of romaine or other greens in the bowl around the small dish. Top with remaining ingredients, finishing with feta cheese and pecans.
Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together and pour into the small bowl in the center of the serving bowl.
Serve and drizzle vinaigrette over all just before serving.
If you're not serving this salad right away, add the avocado just before serving to prevent browning.
You'll have dressing left over for another salad, so nutrition label does not include dressing.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 696mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 4500IU | Vitamin C: 52.5mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 1.5mg