Make Your Own Holiday Simmering Potpourri Gift
Make your home smell like Christmas with simmering holiday potpourri in a slow cooker or on a stovetop. Package for gift-giving and add one of the printable gift tags provided.
Servings 1 package
- 4 cinnamon sticks broken (to release scent)
- 1 Tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 Tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 Tablespoon star anise (optional) but it has a slight licorice scent
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 whole orange
- rosemary or evergreen sprigs optional
- ml a clear bag or a 250 (1 cup) Mason jar, or a recycled jam jar.
- festive ribbon and a tag
To make a dried mix package, don't include the cranberries or fresh orange slices. You can add extra ground cinnamon, cloves and allspice to the mix too. The ground spices will release their scent faster.
If including the cranberries and orange, keep refrigerated until gift-giving time. Don't include the ground spices, as they will stick to the orange and the cranberries.
Add the dried mix, fresh cranberries and sliced orange to 2 - 3 cups water (or apple juice) in a saucepan or slow cooker. Simmer over low heat.
Never leave unattended and add water as needed. This mix will last for several days.