Southwestern Fiesta Baked Chicken Bowl
Look no further for a healthy dinner-in-a-bowl than this Southwestern Fiesta Baked Chicken Bowl made with lean taco-seasoned chicken breasts and a chopped salad.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 tbsp taco seasoning mix, homemade or store-bought
- 1 14- oz can black beans, rinsed and drained, 398 ml
- 2 bell peppers, 1 red, 1 orange, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, charred (or use frozen or canned if fresh is not available)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes, heirloom if available
- 1/2 large avocado sliced
- 1/2 fresh lime for garnish
Heat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl or zipper bag, brush chicken breasts with 2 teaspoons oil and toss with taco seasoning. Brush the bottom of a baking dish with the remaining teaspoon of oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature measured with a meat thermometer reaches 165°F.
While the chicken is cooking, Lightly char fresh corn kernels on a dry, pre-heated flat-top grill (or in a dry skillet), just until they begin to turn brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine black beans, peppers, onion, jalapeño and charred corn.
Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together and stir into salad ingredients.
Arrange in a bowl. Add tomatoes, avocado, and sliced baked chicken breasts. Garnish with fresh lime for squeezing and serve.